Sightseeing in Istanbul is a surreal experience that has no equals. The city has so many historic sites you would think a three week stay would be enough time to see them all, but most visitors say that three years is more realistic if you want to see everything Istanbul has to offer. Here are the top sightseeing attractions in the city:
- Take one of the city’s daily tours, which visits historic districts around the city as well as tours that focus on biblical information and cultural information
- Take a cooking class at the Sarnic Hotel. There no better place to learn how to cook Turkish than in Istanbul
- Take and Food and Wine tour organized by Turkish Flavours or attend their cooking classes in an authentic 1940s home in Nisantasi.
- Visit Istanbul’s Archeological Museum. It is the first Turkish museum and it houses over one million works so it is one of the largest in the world.
- Visit the Blue Mosque which was built between 1609 and 1616.
- Save one night for Turkish Dance Night at the Hodjapasha Culture Center.
- The Basilica Cistern is opposite of the Blue Mosque. It’s called the Sunken Palace and attracts crowds because of its mysterious atmosphere, pulsating lights, and piped-in music.